Sun, Jan 08|
Friendship United Methodist Church
Monthly LGBTQ+ Youth Drop-in Program
A youth social and support group for ages 12-18
Time & Location
Jan 08, 2023, 2:00 PM – Jan 09, 2023, 4:00 PM
Friendship United Methodist Church, 305 E Boughton Rd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440, USA
About the Event
This is a drop-in style support and social group for youth presented by Bolingbrook Pride, in partnership with Friendship United Methodist Church (a reconciling congregation) and Partners in Pride Wellness Center (an LGBTQ+ owned and staffed center in Bolingbrook which provides counseling and support groups for LGBTQ+ people).
- The program runs on the second Sunday of every month from 2 pm - 4 pm (participants may arrive beginning at 1:30 pm to socialize and check-in).
- We run simultaneously with PFLAG for those whose parents, friends, or family members are also seeking support.
- Open to youth ages 12-18 who identify as LGBTQ+ or as an ally.
- We'll have snacks!
- Topics of discussion and presentations are driven by youth interest and can cover Coming Out and Identity Conversations, Healthy Relationships, Safer Sex Conversations, Art Nights, Guest Speakers, Poetry Nights, Finding Affirming Providers, etc.
- All volunteers are background-checked, mandated reporters, and trained in working with youth and vulnerable populations.
- Though housed in a church, this program is NOT faith-based.
- Transportation is available - contact us to arrange at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.